Belbin Team Perception is a way of Building Effective Teams with Belbin Profile as an illustrating tool.
By using the Belbin Team Perception test and other proven processes, individuals can better understand the team and the individuals around them.
Belbin Team Profiling is a tool that is used to identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members and to create a well-balanced team. The tool is based on the work of Dr. Meredith Belbin, who identified nine different team roles that are essential for a successful team. The nine team roles are:
- Plant: The creative and imaginative member of the team who comes up with new ideas and approaches.
- Monitor Evaluator: The logical and analytical member of the team who evaluates ideas and makes sound decisions.
- Coordinator: The member of the team who is able to bring the team together and delegate tasks to each member.
- Resource Investigator: The member of the team who is outgoing and inquisitive and is able to identify new opportunities.
- Implementer: The member of the team who is able to turn ideas into action and make sure tasks are completed on time.
- Completer Finisher: The member of the team who is detail-oriented and is able to ensure that tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Teamworker: The member of the team who is able to work well with others and is able to diffuse any conflicts that may arise.
- Shaper: The member of the team who is able to challenge the team and ensure that they remain focused on the task at hand.
- Specialist: The member of the team who has a deep understanding of a specific area and is able to provide valuable insights.
By identifying the strengths and weaknesses of each team member, the Belbin Team Profiling tool allows teams to create a well-balanced team that is able to work together effectively. The tool is often used in team building exercises and can help teams to understand each other’s strengths and weaknesses, communicate more effectively, and work together to achieve their goals.
Teambuilding Australia work with Broadmarc and Pivotal Consulting to design and facilitate profiling sessions, such as TMS and also MBTI, as well as recommending Mind Resources as a provider for additional learning materials in Australia. Please check out our other accredited profiling tools workshops and services: CLICK HERE