A person in a managerial position is charged with building a cohesive team of employees. You have to implement practices that facilitate the team building process. To help you in your goal of creating a team of extraordinary, or dare we say heroic, team of employees, following tips can be extremely useful
1. The first thing you can do to promote team building in your organisation is to present your employees with a common goal. When the team has a single objective, it will help create a cooperative environment in the office as opposed to a competitive one.
2. When a common goal is assigned, communicate with all of the team members to gain their opinion about the goal. They should each know about their particular role in the achievement of the objective.
3. As a manager, you have to keep a communication line open with your employees. Learn about their needs and their opinions on achieving better efficiency in the workplace.
4. Take part in different team building activities at the office; pick a day to bring in a professional to help you with the team building exercises. Lighten the workload of the employees on that day and encourage each employee to take part in the activities.
5. You can also choose to hold a team building activity outside of the office. Taking your employees outside of the work environment for fun activities can be extremely beneficial. Professional team building facilitators can help you design events and activities that can help the team gain invaluable skills that are useful in professional situations.
6. The frequency of such events can impact the cohesiveness of your team greatly. You can choose to hold team building activities 3 or 4 times a year. This will help you turn your team in to a more focused and productive group.
7. Before you hold a team building activity, have a one-on-one or a group session with your employees to learn about what would make them work better as a team. The information you receive can help you plan the activities accordingly.
8. The most important thing to remember about planning team building activities is that they should be fun! Yes, they should take care of all the necessary things that are mentioned above; but when they are more enjoyable, people will take part in them more actively.
Use the tips above to help build a team of employees that is confident enough to take on any professional task and accomplish it with hard work and dedication as a team.